Thursday, October 30, 2008

Unforgettable and Non rememberable


I’m 24 years old. I have a steady job. And I have no known mental conditions.

Still, my actions over the next few days, in preparation for the Georgia-Florida football game, won’t support the above statements.

The following will take place:

  • I’ll leave no later than 6:30 a.m., over an hour before I leave for my paying job.

  • Several dozen student athletes, whom I have little in common with, will become the focus of my existence.

  • I’ll be drinking beer before 9 a.m. Not because I want to, but because I feel like I should be.

  • I’ll share drinks with teenagers, and idolize intoxicated grandparents.

Certainly nothing that takes place this weekend will make logical sense, and to be honest I didn’t really plan on going this year. I toyed with the idea, but in my heart I thought I had moved on.

Not necessarily moved on from the trip, but the environment. I pictured my next trip to Jacksonville taking place in a nice hotel room with adequate space and possibly including a planned meal.

Instead, I’ll get nineteen people relentlessly drinking. In the end I really couldn’t miss out.

This weekend will be unforgettable and non rememberable

I can’t wait, but when does it stop?

No comments: