Thursday, December 18, 2008

Not trapped on an inhabited island

Here’s the thing about islands with fewer square feet than the house you grew up in – there isn’t a lot to do.

I guess that’s why it’s so much fun to ask the question, “if you were trapped on a desert island and you could only bring one thing, what would you bring?”

Everyone knows that all sustenance is provided by coconuts alone, so one only needs to concern themselves with is entertainment.

I was in a similar situation last week in the San Blas Islands, except that I wasn’t trapped, and I was able to bring as much as I wanted. I brought a book and an ipod, but neither were used.

No, I spent my time making up and playing competitive games against my brother. So if I was trapped on a desert island could I bring him along?

Is that weird, sweet, incestuous, or all of the above?
-----------------------------------------------------
This game requires balance and strength, focus and execution, but most vital are balance and ramming ability.


Nick tried an unorthodox backward toss in this event. It could have worked, but he had a little too much loft.


Possibly the strangest game we played, but do not underestimate the difficulty.


After taking the lead on the first corner, Nick didn't have many places to pass.

No comments: